Have you ever had a dream of shopping but you kept ending up in the wrong place? What about driving the wrong way on a one-way road? How about trying to activate a phone plan in a foreign country? That is exactly what I got in a recent dream just a few days ago! In today’s blog, I’m explaining the dream and all the main symbols to show what it related to in real life.
When I had the below dream, it was not immediately obvious which current situation God was speaking to me about. That only became obvious as I began researching the symbols and considering what was going on at the time. As you will see, there was one code-breaking symbol that led to the understanding of what God was trying to tell me. Follow along and hopefully, you will see how it all ties together.
Dream – Activating Phone in Foreign Country / Repeated Theme of Being Lost
January 6, 2022 – All random night scenes… I’m in a German speaking country and I hurriedly buy a phone plan that comes with a small container of raspberries. I’m reading the label looking for instructions for what to do with it and where to go to activate the plan. Then, I’m driving around, looking for a store to activate the plan with my current iPhone from the US. No idea where I am. I end up driving wrong way in a university parking lot so I turn around. Then I walk into a clothing store but, I’m in the women’s section so I try to get to the men’s section. I might have found it but not sure. End.
Overall, there was a clear sense that I had acted too quickly in buying the phone plan without thinking it through. That subsequently led to a cascading series of scenes where I ended up in the wrong place and driving around rather lost.
Primary Symbols Explained
- Phone / plan = communication + computer, method of connection to outside world, literal tech-related device (has microphone and video camera for that purpose).
- Cell network = connecting to large audience.
- Haste = (buying the phone plan), work of the flesh, manifestation of pride, not waiting on God, don’t pay for what you don’t need, honor the money God has given you.
- Activating phone = connecting to local / extended network.
- My current iPhone = represents my computer and apps that already do what I need (I did not need anything new).
- Raspberry = the Raspberry Pi phones and computers (homemade DIY computer device), refers to experimenting with technology, specifically, the microphone plus audio software already loaded on my computer (see further explanation below).
- Driving lost = confused, intellectual approach, doing something without a plan, not led by the Holy Spirit, a potential mistake that wastes time (notice the repeated theme).
- Night = darkened understanding, lacking the “light” of God’s direction (see also Night and Darkness: Common Dream Setting With a Personal Message ).
- Foreign country = foreign / unfamiliar “territory” (subject matter).
- Germany = (by my past experience) partly familiar / partly unfamiliar… represented my podcasts and videos (I’ve done them but, I’m not “fluent” as an expert).
- Shopping = looking for something, literal shopping (in real life, I’ve been looking at professional microphones for podcasting).
- Clothing store = putting on a new role.
- Female / male = looking for something but ending up in the wrong place, not in divine order (a clue that my search was not leading me to the right destination / answer).
- University = dual meaning… 1) looking for something by intellect and academic information, not by the leading of the Holy Spirit, 2) advanced subject of learning (Raspberry Pi computers and audio production technology).
- Wrong way = wrong method of approaching a subject, against normal flow.
- Repeated theme = God’s way of trying to emphasize the point, especially for mentoring in future scenarios with higher stakes / greater chance of wasting time and money.
Interpretation (“Raspberry” = Code Breaking Symbol)
This dream was God’s answer to my search for a professional microphone for my new podcast series. I had been shopping around for several weeks to see what was available and thought I might need one in order to produce “professional-grade” audio recordings. What I discovered, in the midst of my search and experimenting with my current computer, is that what I have now is perfectly acceptable and that I did not need to spend any money on what I don’t need.
The unusual symbol of a container of raspberries that came with a phone plan was a reference to Raspberry Pi computers. They are inexpensive devices used by people who like playing around with do it yourself technology; they symbolized my “homemade creative work using technology“. Specifically, it refers to my computer with its apps and already built-in microphone.
Just as people tinker with these DIY computer devices, I can also experiment with the hardware and software that I currently have. By doing so, I will learn a new skill and produce something very good as I continue learning by experimentation.
When God Gives Research Assignments
I discovered the connection of the raspberry fruit symbol to the Raspberry Pi phones by using an internet search for “raspberry phones” and “raspberry phone plans“. I also followed that up by adding the word “Germany”, but that did not produce any new results since these devices originated in the UK. That became my confirmation that God was using my past living experience in Germany as a reference to this semi-familiar realm of creating podcasts and videos.
In a secondary sense, I realized God was getting me to research something new in the technology device realm. I had already heard of Raspberry Pi computers but had not looked into them very much. While I don’t yet know the future reasons why researching Raspberry Pi was necessary, it is another excellent example of how God will teach us new things and expand our knowledge of unfamiliar topics by using unusual dream symbols.
Here are just a few of the results I landed on when I did my internet search…
- Project ZeroPhone: the ambitious DIY Raspberry Pi phone
- PiPhone – A Raspberry Pi based Smartphone
- ZeroPhone Raspberry Pi Phone
My past time in Germany referred to my ongoing / past experience with making videos and podcasts. Just as I am not fluent in German (but have a basic speaking ability), I am also not an expert when it comes to producing videos or podcasts, specifically in dealing with technical audio production details.
Time Factor of The Answer
The interesting thing about this dream is that God waited several weeks to give the answer about not buying a microphone. In the approximately 3 weeks of shopping prior to this dream, there were several times when a decision could have been made without waiting on God’s answer. Rather than answering me during those weeks, He waited until after what could have been a self-imposed decision deadline.
In case you’re wondering, YES, there have been times in the past when I did NOT wait for a clarification from God and rushed out according to my own self-imposed timeline. That never worked out very well.
Make sure to read all the Bible verses below that fit this dream. As you may know, I am a Bible-based (Christian) dream interpreter and I always look for Bible verses that God is hinting at by the symbols and scenarios in a dream. Most of the time when I find them, they give much greater understanding of the message He is giving in the dream.
On that note, if you do not already have my newest ebook, “50+ Common Dreams That Played Out In Real Life“, that is the same exact pattern and method I use for every dream I have interpreted there.
Outcome Of The Dream
So what was the outcome of my situation? In case you’re wondering – thankfully, I did NOT go out and buy a new microphone or any other devices. God used this dream to show what my tendency was and what would have happened, had I not waited. I have since used the existing built-in microphone and audio apps in my computer and I still believe they are perfect for what I need them for at the current time.
This dream was a combination of God’s answer to my search, plus mentoring me for the future when I will have much more money to work with and the possibility of spending money on what I do not need would be much more costly. God was saying through the symbols of this dream that I can do everything I need with what I currently have; I do not need to spend any money on new devices.
That is amazing right there. God is very relational and He cares about all the details of our life, including how we use the money He has allowed us to have.
Speaking of podcasts – this blog will be posted as an audio, text-to-speech episode. Here’s the link to my channel…
Relevant Bible Verses
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.Ecclesiastes 7:8 (KJV)
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.Zechariah 4:6 (KJV)
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.James 3:16-17 (KJV)
For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.Isaiah 52:12 (KJV)
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
- Article: New Ebook! 50+ Common Dreams That Played Out In Real Life
- Article: What Road Are You On? Driving Dreams
- Online symbols reference: Joshua Media Ministries International online dream symbols
Send requests for dream interpretation using the contact form at this page:
Sign up for my email updates and connect with me on all forms of social media.