[UPDATED] In the last 7 years or so, I have had a few dreams about the moon. Each has had a different meaning regarding personal matters and some of these I have written in blogs here. What I have now is a recent vision that took me several weeks to fully understand. Below is an explanation of that vision and the associated symbols that appeared with it.
In addition to what I wrote here, I included some extra explanation in the audio podcast version which you can listen to here…
The Moon As A Symbol For Dreams
March 31, 2022 – vision – I’m seeing a close up image of bottle caps (screw on type) stuck into the dirt on an upside down (or bottom side) moon.
- Moon = in this context, it represents dreams and the work of the Holy Spirit, can also represent personal life seasons as I wrote in a blog here; (see also online symbol).
- Bottle caps = stopping the flow of the Holy Spirit, especially regarding dreams but also my blog work; this comes from the idea of a bottle holding a liquid which often represents being “filled with the Holy Spirit” (in this case, the cap represents stopping that).
- Dirt = the mind of the flesh getting in the way of what God wants to do through me and producing a lack of faith in what God is and has been doing for me personally.
- Upside down = the work of the Holy Spirit being overturned as in being unstable due to a lack of faith and a bad mindset, this can also be about going back on the faith that was initially developed (exactly what was going on with me at the time).
Relevant Personal Circumstances
In order to get the most accurate interpretation of a dream or vision, sometimes it is helpful to know the real life circumstances going on in the life of the dreamer. In the case of this vision, it took me about 3 full weeks to really understand the meaning. When I figured out how it applied to me, I wrote a comment for an upcoming subscriber’s email…
Recently, I realized that I have been overthinking my blog writing and as a result, I have not been writing enough. To correct that, an idea hit me just the other day to begin taking many more of the dreams I or my friends get and posting them in full blog interpretations. So, last week I began doing exactly that and I now have quite a few lined up in the queue.
Perhaps you’ve noticed my relative lack of blogs since the beginning of this year (2022). True, I deleted a few of them (for reasons specified here) but, on average (until recently), I only had about one posted per month. That’s really bad! If you are an overthinker like myself, you may be very familiar with this dilemma. As it turns out, God had already spoken to me about this same issue in a dream about 3 years ago.
A Repeat Message & A Process Of Overcoming
In my dream 3+ years ago… I was in a classroom taking a test but, there was something odd about what I was doing… Rather than taking the test, I spent most of the time taking practice test questions and I was now running out of time.
In real life at that time, God had just given me an assignment to do live videos for whoever would watch. As you can guess, my problem was that I had a hard time getting past my mental block in actually doing those broadcasts. Upon waking up from that dream, I realized the message was about me getting stuck in the trap of perfectionism. All God wanted for me to do was just to get out there and broadcast but, since I was new to talking about spiritual things on live video, it became an extremely challenging assignment.
Perfectionism and overthinking is an excellent way to shut down the work (“flow”) of the Holy Spirit in our life. It’s true that I have experienced many amazing personal breakthroughs in this area of getting past intellectual barriers (as I wrote here) but, I also discovered that this is not a one-time victory. In my case, this has been more of a very long process of progressively cleaning out all the anti-faith that was programmed into me for the previous 4 decades before I came to learn about the supernatural realm.
There’s much more I can say about this topic which, every now and then, continues to come up in my blogs, podcasts, videos and ebooks. For the sake of keeping this relatively short, let’s move on to some practical advice in responding to these moon dreams/visions…
Proper Response To Dreams (& Practical Advice)
Whenever God shows you something in a dream or vision, always try to see if there is a required response. In the case of my dream and vision above, the intended action on my part is fairly obvious. As mentioned above, for the sake of my “right now” action step, I have already begun posting more blogs and podcasts. Some of these will probably be much shorter than my typical length – that will help me post more on a regular basis.
Here is some practical advice for overthinkers like myself…
- KEEP IT SIMPLE!!
- Don’t try to make a big production out of everything you do.
- Don’t lock yourself into a style or format that will restrict you.
- Accept minor errors in your work and do not beat yourself up when you see a glitch pop up (in my case, grammar / spelling / formatting / speaking errors, etc).
- Use some variety in your work and daily life.
- Get up and take breaks to give God time to speak to you with solutions and new / creative ideas.
- Whenever you notice yourself doing too much of the same thing, go find something completely different to do in order to break a mental rut.
- Most importantly… Ask God to help you with all the above! Sometimes, no matter how good the advice, in our imperfect human state, we may have extreme difficulty in getting free from a mental blockage.
Relevant Bible Verses
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.James 1:6-8 (KJV)
How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert! Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy.Psalms 78:40-42 (KJV)
There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.1 Corinthians 15:41 (KJV)
The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.Psalms 136:9 (KJV)
If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,Deuteronomy 13:1 (KJV)
And they said one to another, Behold, this dreamer cometh.Genesis 37:19 (KJV)
Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings.1 Thessalonians 5:19-20 (KJV)
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”John 3:8 (NKJV)
In case you are new, or had not noticed, you can find many of my blogs in audio podcast format. In addition, I have many more episodes on all matters related to my primary subjects here on my website. Use the button below to go to my new podcast page…
Also, if you do not yet have any of my ebooks on dreams, go to my store page where I have 3 published so far. In addition, you can also find many top resources by other authors linked there. Lastly, see the resource section below for a couple of my previous blogs on the meaning of moons in dreams…
- Article: Moons, Months & Cycles: Unusual Metaphoric Timing Symbols in Dreams
- Article: Moons: Lunar Mysteries in Dreams | Science & Biblical Metaphors
- Article: Overcoming Intellectual Barriers to the Supernatural: A Hollywood Illustration
- Online symbols reference: Joshua Media Ministries International online dream symbols
Send requests for dream interpretation using the contact form at this page:
Sign up for my email updates and connect with me on all forms of social media.