Have you ever had dreams about being in the military, but in real life, you never were? Perhaps you’ve had dreams where you interacted with people from foreign nations or, you were in their country for some reason? If any of this is true for you, keep reading! I frequently have military-themed dreams and in one example today, I will tell you the dream and how I was able to decode the meaning of the people and other symbols that appeared.
You can hear my additional explanation and elaboration about the meaning of this dream in my podcast episode below. In many cases, I go into further detail in my audio podcasts than I do in my written blogs (it’s just easier for me). Check it out!
Dream: A Deployment To Iraq
February 5, 2022 – I’m on a US military deployment in Iraq, working with the Iraq Army, like a very short term assignment. First, I’m in a classroom at a desk. One Iraqi guy on my right shows me some things and a large green headset with many features (switches etc) but it’s made in that country from cheap plastic. It has a folding compartment on both sides I guess for collapsing part of it. The Iraqi officer is a nice guy and I shake hands saying it’s nice to meet him. I tell him I’ll be going back to the US soon and he says those things have to stay there (I cannot take them with me). Then, I’m in a different room talking with American military guys wearing the old dark green BDUs. I’m seeing a tank with some big unusual looking gun on top that might be for rockets. A guy was talking about rockets and I thought maybe that’s what you shoot them from. I’m looking to see how they drove that tank inside the building.
Context of dream: On this same night, I had 2 other very short dreams with the same person who was represented here by the Iraq army officer. In those dreams, the person appeared in the form of a very different type of symbol and in different scenarios. For the sake of being appropriate, I will not name that person but, if you were following me in the first few months of 2022, you already have a very good clue about who this might be.
Based on personal knowledge of what was going on at the time of this dream, the subject of my study into the “alien” enigma was a primary centerpiece dealt with here (albeit in a very roundabout manner).
Here are the primary symbols explained…
- Iraq = this is a metaphor with personal meaning because, I was deployed to Iraq with the USAF in 2011 on a diplomatic mission; as such, it represents a place of friendly diplomatic relations with an otherwise spiritually foreign group of people.
- Iraq army officer = represents a person who is not in my spiritual family; literally it is someone I was following on social media for several months regarding global events updates and especially to learn more about the “alien” situation.
- Short assignment = this validates that God DID intend for me to follow what was being presented by a person represented by the Iraq army officer; in real life, I only did so for several months and then I stopped following the person after that.
- Headset = represents hearing / what I’m listening to in the form of information presented during interviews with the above mentioned person.
- Cheap = (the headset) represents a lesser quality of information – not a very positive indication of what God thinks of that information (specifically, that it was of a much lesser quality than where I get my primary spiritual training from – see below).
- Leaving items = something that God does not want me to take with me but to leave it right where it is, something that is not profitable for my calling or assignment.
- US military = a symbol with a dual meaning representing both the Kingdom of God and the Joel 2 Army of God (see more below).
- Rocket = a precise, powerful weapon, similar to arrows in the Bible; I believe this refers to both my ability to use the knowledge I gain in my primary source or learning, plus from this temporary assignment, for future use in my calling, especially in defeating the devil’s deception regarding the true identity of “aliens” (see more in previous blog).
- Tank = can represent that God has given you a powerful ministry or has equipped you with tools for victory (quoted from JMMI online symbols list); I later realized that this was related to the “alien” subject which brings with it extreme deception; at another time, I may tell another of my dreams that clearly showed extreme spiritual danger associated with spending too much time on that topic.
- Room = (tank display) God showing me something as it relates to the above tank and rocket symbols; the presence of only Americans at this point is the clue that this symbol is about me and my status in the Joel 2 Army of God (see more below).
- Older uniforms = this is an unusual symbol which, based on my past experience, represents (at the very least) how I needed to “go back” to my real calling and to stop following the information being presented by the “Iraq army officer”; additionally, when you see something that is “old” looking, it can at times represent God’s ancient methods, principles and knowledge which is found in the Bible.
Additional Elaboration On Military Dream Metaphors
In the past 7 years, I have had many dreams that used military assignments as a symbol of my current or future assignments within the Kingdom of God. As I pointed out in previous blogs, the only organization in western countries that approximates the operational characteristics of a kingdom is the military. Also – since I was in the US Air Force for 20 years, God often uses the symbol of military assignments as a convenient personal metaphor that represents my current Kingdom of God assignments.
Another reason for my frequent military dreams is that, because I am closely connected to, and on the part-time staff of, Joshua Media Ministries International, I am in the Joel 2 End Times Army of God. If you have never heard of that before, you need to go straight to the website link I just provided and find out directly from the source. Prior to my connection with JMMI, I had received almost NO dreams with military themes. But, immediately after that connection was made, I began having these types of dreams frequently which showed that I was once again symbolically “joining the military”.
In a different dream that I included in my “50+ Common Dreams That Played Out In Real Life” ebook, God showed me the spiritual rank of a 1-star general that He wants to promote me to when I complete His required training program. If you’ve had dreams about being in the military, but in real life you are not, it might be God’s way of showing you that He wants you in His Joel 2 army as well. Again, contact JMMI directly for more information.
Lastly, the dream above is especially familiar to me because, in real life, I was deployed to Iraq in 2011 where I worked as a senior advisor to an Iraq army general and his staff. This dream was God’s way of using a literal past job as a metaphor to speak about a current assignment of a spiritual nature.
If you have had dreams of a past work situation or past coworkers, there is a very good chance the meaning is the same as I explain here. God often uses situations in our past as illustrations of something we are engaged in right now (see more in this previous blog).
Relevant Bible Passages
These passages below are just a few of many that are connected with the primary themes of the Army of God, Iraq as a spiritually foreign symbol, the meaning of old, and the tank / rockets as modern metaphors for powerful spiritual weapons.
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.2 Timothy 2:3 (KJV)
They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:Joel 2:7 (KJV)
And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?Joel 2:11 (KJV)
And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?Mark 4:30 (KJV)
I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.Psalms 77:5 (KJV)
For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country:and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.Jeremiah 50:9 (KJV)
He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.Psalms 7:13 (KJV)
Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.Psalms 144:6 (KJV)
This should help clarify any military (or past job) dreams you may have had already, or will in the future. If you would like to see more examples of common dream symbols, use the category titles for all the blogs I have written on many types of dreams at the bottom (mobile devices) or side bar (computer) on my home page.
You can also join my email subscriber’s list where I send out fairly regular updates on the meaning of various types of dreams, upcoming events and anything else related to all the primary topics that I deal with here. Use the button at bottom of this blog for that email subscribe option.
Thank you again for reading and for your support!
- Article: Common Dreams: Past Jobs – Returning To A Career – Identification Cards – Military Service (Not Always What They Appear)
- Article: People, Names & Colors in Dreams: What Do They Mean?
- Online symbols reference: Joshua Media Ministries International online dream symbols
Send requests for dream interpretation using the contact form at this page:
Sign up for my email updates and connect with me on all forms of social media.