Did you know that God gives wisdom and advice about upcoming financial decisions in your dreams at night? Well, I’m here to say from experience that He does! In fact, to prove my point, I had a very unusual dream recently that used a relatively uncommon scenario where God was giving me a hint about strategic thinking and wisdom needed in the midst of an unknown future outcome. In this blog, I’ll tell you the dream and the personally relevant circumstances which were ongoing right at that time.
Biblical Basis For Wisdom In Parables
For the sake of personal introduction… I spent 40 years of my life in churches that taught how everything supernatural ended 2,000 years ago. That led to me going through life “in the dark” with no knowledge of what was coming and it forced me to make decisions exactly as atheists do – totally devoid of God’s personal involvement in our daily life. But thankfully, while deployed to Iraq in 2011 with the US Air Force, God began to prove to me that 100% of the supernatural realm seen in the Bible was still very much alive and well today!
Since I have already told my story many times, I will skip directly to the main point today… God speaks to us in our dreams at night using parabolic scenarios and images that convey personal messages on many of the most important subjects. As you will soon see, that includes advice regarding upcoming financial decisions! Had I known what I do today, my life would have been infinitely better all those decades and many serious disasters avoided!
Here are the 2 primary Biblical passages that provide the foundation for this entire blog (see others below)…
For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?Luke 14:28 (KJV)
I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:Psalms 78:2 (KJV)
With that very brief introduction, let’s move on to the meat of this article where I will tell you a recent dream where God gave me advice about a situation I was about to be confronted with…
Time + Wisdom + Correct Hearing = Success
As you will soon discover… the message in my dream below was not very obvious at first and I waited almost 2 full months before I felt like I had the correct understanding and the proper response. At first glance, the dream does NOT actually give a straight answer to the real life situation I was presented with.
I began to realize in the days following that the primary purpose of my dream was hidden in a very subtle way, and required wisdom, patience and discernment to properly interpret. I also understood that God created a deliberate obscuration because of my past tendency to make huge mistakes in decisions like this. Getting my answer required me to wait long enough to see whether circumstances (or other dreams) played out in such a way that clearly favored one decision over another.
Ultimately, that is what happened and I came to a decision which I felt very good about. Here is my dream and the explanation of all the primary symbols…
A Dream Of Strategy & WIsdom
April 25, 2022 – I’m in a hotel room by myself on a military assignment and I have a $5,000 car (not sure if I bought it or how I got it). There are a set of playing cards turned down on the desk in my room that I’m looking at. There was no indication that anyone else was with me at the hotel, as if this was strictly me traveling alone for some official reason.
Here are the primary symbols explained…
- Hotel room = generally, this indicates a temporary situation in your life which can refer to an assignment God has given you, literal recreation, or an upcoming business trip; this is especially common if you are on a personal journey where God is leading you towards a destination at which you have not yet arrived.
- Military assignment = often represents the activities or responsibilities within the Kingdom of God to which you are assigned; primarily for me, this relates to everything I do with this website.
- $5,000 = (multiple meanings) first, since this is a dollar amount, it can refer to a personal price which we must pay in order to obtain something from God; secondly, the symbolic numeric meaning is normally interpreted by breaking down the number into its primary Biblical symbols (see next); third, this also had a near-literal meaning related to the actual monetary value of a real car (see explanation below).
- 1,000 = represents a stage of advanced maturity which will lead to a great increase and productivity; more specifically, this indicated a personal contrast with a past scenario where I approached a similar situation much differently a couple years ago (see online Biblical number reference).
- 5 = represents work (for which we use our 5 fingers), also commonly associated with God’s grace which means empowerment and is only given to those who are humble, specifically regarding my ability to be patient and wait for a clear answer and not repeat mistakes from the past (see online Biblical number reference).
- Car = (dual meaning) normally represents one’s life or ministry, in personal context, this also had a literal meaning since a family member offered to give me an older car for free which was still in good shape and was near the actual value shown here (see explanation below).
- Traveling alone = this serves to confirm that the dream was strictly a personal message about a temporary situation I was faced with, and helps clarify the scope of what God was speaking about, thereby eliminating incorrect interpretations.
- Playing cards = since the cards were face down, this refers to the realm of the unknown, specifically regarding future outcomes as in the phrases, “what’s in the cards” or “play your cards right” and refers to decisions that often require time, patience and strategic thinking.
Relevant Real Life Circumstances
At the time of my dream, I was in the midst of trying to make a decision about a choice I was presented with. A relative wanted to give me an older car that was not being used but still in very good condition. In order for me to accept the offer, it would incur additional expenses which I did not believe I should sign myself up for. I really felt the correct answer to the offer was no for several complex reasons.
The biggest factor in my decision was that God had not clearly spoken to me about the immediate future and whether I should be putting myself in the position of being responsible for those expenses. Accepting the car would present a temptation and distraction which ultimately would negatively affect my productivity. Not to mention, I already knew what was on the way for me (although not the timeline for when those things would show up).
You might find my decision to turn down the offer a rather odd thought process considering that God just gave me a series of dreams about buying a private jet at some point in the future. However… having jumped the gun in the past by making an expensive decision prematurely and impulsively, I am now very resistant to repeating that kind of mistake.
I have learned that it is one thing to act in faith but, quite another thing to think we can force God’s hand when in reality, we are acting in pride but calling it faith. Bad experiences are a very good teacher… IF you actually learn from them!
Initial Outcome Of The Situation
Based on the initial lack of a clear answer to the car offer, I eventually came to the conclusion that God was not saying the car was a good idea. On the positive side, the car would have been given to me free, including some expenses paid along with it. But, on the negative side, there would have been other expenses that would have caused me problems. Additionally, having a car would be a distraction and temptation to be pulled away from what God currently has me working on.
What I just said probably sounds very illogical to most people but, there are times when God does NOT want you doing “normal life activities”. As I have said many times in the past, it is part of God’s ancient training program to stay shut in and not go out into public environments. When you do this, you can make rapid progress toward your personal God-intended destiny, as I have done so myself. Ever since I started shutting in 2 years ago, I have made more progress than at any other time of my life. From that, I came to recognize that not having a car was one of the best things that could have happened to me.
I have now waited 3 months since this dream to see how things played out and what other insights God may have given me about the decision. I did have another dream right before the one above which also did not have a very clear and positive message. Taking everything into account, I came to the decision that, unless circumstances changed (and God gave me a new and clear answer), I was better off leaving the offer alone.
Relevant Bible Verses
Biblical dream interpretation requires finding passages that support and elaborate upon the symbols in the dream. When doing so, you will gain a much greater level of understanding and see how God does in fact speak in nighttime parables in the form of dreams and visions.
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.Ecclesiastes 7:8 (KJV)
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.James 3:17 (KJV)
Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: … For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.James 4:13, 15-16 (KJV)
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.1 Peter 5:5 (KJV)
Here is the simple advice for anyone who finds themselves in the midst of a decision where the outcome is very uncertain. Make sure you wait long enough to give God time to help you sort out all the factors and eliminate any impulsive tendencies which would tempt you to act prematurely and presumptuously.
On a personal note… In the last 2 years, I have been delivered from generational curses of extreme lack of patience. Prior to that, I had a life-long habit of acting too fast (especially in a reactionary manner) and causing many problems for myself. Part of my deliverance included learning that the root cause of impulsivity and impatience is none other than PRIDE. Next time you find yourself acting in this same way, you now know what you need to be delivered from!
You might remember a blog I wrote last year where God showed me that I was being delivered from generational curses (especially this one). Most importantly, in that blog, I explained what I did to bring about that deliverance!
Thank you for reading and for your support! Here are a few more relevant resources…
- Article: Infographic: Common Locations and Settings in Dreams
- Article: Unusual Dream Metaphors: Military Deployments, Foreign Army Officers, Military Equipment & Hearing Devices
- Article: New House – New Neighborhood – New… Planet? Dreams With A Big Message
- Online symbols reference: Joshua Media Ministries International online dream symbols
Send requests for dream interpretation using the contact form at this page:
Sign up for my email updates and connect with me on all forms of social media.