In the last couple years, I’ve had many dreams involving university settings and most of them are posted here in my blogs. Until now, they have all been very positive, where God was showing me a research / study assignment related to my calling. But recently, I had a couple strange dreams including a very dark university and another one of unknown people trying to take over a restaurant booth in my childhood house. Soon after, I discovered the real meanings of the dreams, and the purpose, which was ultimately for me to correct my perspective so that I could carry out God’s new assignment for me.
Get The Full Story On Podcast
In this blog, I am only giving the surface level explanation and interpretation of the 2 dreams about a new live audio assignment God gave me. In the below associated podcast, I elaborate much more on my initial experiences in the new environment.
Ultimately, I came to realize that each of these dreams were not warnings to avoid a situation! Instead, this was God’s way of giving me a new assignment and showing me in advance what I will encounter. The overall purpose of the dream was for me to get into the right mindset so I could effectively accomplish my “mission”. As I say, read the below but, there is much more said in the podcast episode…
Dream Series: Universities, Schools & Tests
If you ever had dreams of being in school and did not know what they meant, I recommend checking out this series of blogs I wrote in the last 2 years. In there, you will see how God has used this school metaphor very differently from what you will read below. In today’s blog, I am dealing with a very different type of school dream than I ever had in the past several years. The below two dreams are on the same topic despite the fact they involve totally different symbology.
The first dream below was initially very confusing because it did not immediately line up with anything in my life. It was only after waiting a few days that something did pop up which I could connect it to. Once that happened, I immediately understood what both of these new dreams were about.
Dream 1: An Unknown University At Night
April 28, 2022 – I’m in some unknown university with people I don’t know, walking all around it with no idea why I’m there. Couldn’t find anyone with anything in common. Lots of people of all ages, I’m looking from the front of a huge classroom at the people there. Then, I’m in an open gathering / study area with lots of people at desks. One young Asian woman told someone she mentors grad students. Night time setting. Very negative feeling about it. In each setting, I had no remembrance of who I was or anything about the Kingdom of God.
Real Life Connection: This dream turned out very differently than I initially thought. At first, it seemed like God was giving me some type of warning about a personal situation. Instead, after a few days, I suddenly discovered the real life connection. This was God showing me a new live audio platform He wanted me to use. But, at the time of the dream, I had no knowledge of what that was. A few days after the dream, I received an email invitation to be a “mentor” on the Wisdom app and I began checking into it.
- Night = represents my lack of awareness of what God was going to assign me to, also indicates an environment that lacks the light of Christ (see blog on night and darkness).
- College (university) = a literal place of learning / teaching, western intellectualism, and can include very worldly perspectives (see more about this symbol).
- Asian woman = can often represent someone who is spiritually foreign (not Christian, based on the predominant beliefs in Asia, including atheism, false religions and witchcraft); in real life, that is exactly what I observed on the Wisdom app.
- Mentoring students = (the Asian woman) teaching people based on what the beliefs that Asian woman represents – this was the primary decode symbol confirming the dream is about a new social media discussion platform called the Wisdom app, which was set up primarily for mentoring.
- Negative feeling = reminder of how my life was years ago before I began learning & discovering my true calling and purpose; also that I initially did not think I wanted to be involved in live audio due to my perception of the environment.
- Lack of identity = (mine) also a reminder of how my life was for decades due to dead church teaching and no understanding of God’s plan for me.
Relevant Bible Passages
The following verses elaborate on and support the interpretation regarding bringing light into a spiritually dark place, the pride of mind, and those who are filled with academic intellect but not the Spirit of God as I once was as well (see also previous blog).
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.John 8:12 (KJV)
to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.Ephesians 3:19 (NKJV)
Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.Luke 10:3 (KJV)
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.1 Peter 5:5 (KJV)
Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.1 Corinthians 8:1 (NKJV)
Dream 2: A Restaurant Booth & Unknown People
April 30, 2022 – I’m sitting at a restaurant booth in my childhood house. It appears very awkward because it is jammed in a very small passage between 2 rooms. There are several unknown people who come in and it is very obvious they want to take over that booth. I did not like their attitudes and I’m about to argue with them but then felt like I should not.
Simple meaning: this dream was showing me in advance what to expect on a new live audio platform called the Wisdom App. I was sent an invitation by the company to join (most likely) because I now have approx. 130 podcast episodes published and I am actively posting new content frequently.
- Childhood house = this setting always indicates a personal matter and can involve your literal biological family or (more commonly) your spiritual family (see more at this blog).
- Unknown people = literally, people I do not know; also represents those who are not part of my spiritual family.
- Restaurant booth = represents a social gathering place in the public arena.
- Awkward place = (booth) the location was very strange because it was barely inside the entranceway of the house; I began to realize this was about my tendency to shut out and not be accommodating to certain types of people who are very different from me.
- Attitudes = (dual meaning) this was a very clear advance notice about the kind of people I should expect to encounter but also, my perception of them, which would have caused me to reject the new opportunity.
Proper response: very similar to the first dream above, we are called and commanded to go out into the world for evangelical purposes. We are not instructed to stay cowered in our homes in fear when God shows us something negative in advance. Therefore, the real purpose of this dream was for me to adjust my perspective / attitude so I could be effective in this new assignment. Ultimately, I expect positive and unexpected outcomes, which may lead to new connections I will need for the next stage of what God is calling me to.
Relevant Bible Passages
The following passages deal primarily with the symbols of boldness in carrying out the office of our kingship, the requirement to be light in places of spiritual darkness, and the warnings against pride. There are many more verses that apply to the dream – this is intentionally a brief and basic starting point.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.Revelation 3:11 (KJV)
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:James 2:8 (KJV)
A lion which is strongest among beasts, and turneth not away for any;Proverbs 30:30 (KJV)
The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.Proverbs 28:1 (KJV)
A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.Proverbs 29:23 (KJV)
Action – Join Me On This New Assignment!
As you see from these dreams above, the primary message deals with evangelistic outreach in accordance with Kingdom of God principles. Sometimes, when God shows you negative things in your dreams, it is NOT a warning to avoid a situation but instead, an advance notice of what you WILL encounter when you DO go into that setting.
In the early church, the apostles realized they lacked boldness, and they responded by praying that God would give them “all boldness“.
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,Acts 4:29 (KJV)
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.Luke 10:2 (KJV)
Lastly… below are the social media platforms I have been using recently – you can connect with me there and join me in this new assignment!
- Article: Dreams Of Test-Taking In School: What Do They Mean?
- Article: Unusual Dream Series Illustrating Political Social Media Activities (Plus A Few Distinctions)
- Online symbols reference: Joshua Media Ministries International online dream symbols
Send requests for dream interpretation using the contact form at this page:
Sign up for my email updates and connect with me on all forms of social media.